Computer Science Learning Center, Rekhi 114
The Computer Science Learning Center (CSLC) is staffed by upper level undergraduate students, and supported by Michigan Tech's Computer Science Department . These coaches are here to help you succeed in your computer science studies. Appointments are not necessary, just stop by during open hours to get the assistance you need in understanding concepts of computer science and the craft of programming.
Here is the list of classes the Learning Center coaches will be able to help you with:
- CS 1000 - Explorations in Computing
- CS 1111 - Introduction to Programming in C/C++
- CS 1121 - Introduction to Programming I
- CS 1122 - Introduction to Programming II
- CS 1131 - Accelerated Introduction to Programming
- CS 1141 - C for Java Programmers
- CS 2311 - Discrete Structures
- CS 2321 - Data Structures
CSLC Coaches can help you when you have problems with a programming assignment, but they will not write your program for you. Please think through your problem before coming to the learning center. Be able to explain specifically what your program should do, and what you think it is doing. When you are prepared a coach can better assist you, making your visit more productive.
Due to the limited resources of the learning center, sometimes you may have to wait. Please be patient and a coach will help you as soon as possible.
|5 - 7 pm||closed||closed||closed||closed||closed||closed||closed|
|7 pm||IG, GR||MD, GR||JT, RK||MD, GR||JT, RK||closed||closed|
|8 pm||IG, GR||MD, GR||JT, RK||MD, GR||JT, RK||closed||closed|
|9 pm||IG, GR||MD, GR||JT, RK||MD, GR||JT, RK||closed||closed|
*A Coach is available by appointment for students in CS 2311 Discrete Sturctures. Contact your instructor for more information.
Learning Center Policies
- Maintain a studious atmosphere
- Be polite and professional at all times
- Food and drinks allowed, but be careful
- Clean up your area when you leave
- Adhere to relevant Michigan Tech and Computer Science Department policies
Questions and concerns about the Computer Science Learning Center should be directed to:
Leo C. Ureel II
Lecturer, Computer Science
Computer Science Learning Center Coordinator
Michigan Technological University
1400 Townsend Drive, Rekhi 209
Houghton, MI 49931